Before to study a file, you must import it in the software
- By the add command of the file menu.
- By the icon.
of the toolbar.
- Drag and drop of the file.
If you select a file, you can:
- Dump it
- Change the type of log for the file:
The type of the eventlog is resolved by default with the first and last event. It might
be wrong, it is just an indication. (It is the reason of the question mark). It is the reason why you can change it.
The file type decides which sessions could be listed from this file as RAS sessions or print job for the system log.
It decides too how to decode the event description. If you choose a wrong type, you could have no description for your events.
- Display or refresh the events list
- Get properties: type of the log and from which computer, date and number of the first and last event.
You can also have this information with the context
menu of the Windows explorer of an evt file, Detail Choice.